Monday, October 4, 2010

The Consequences of Free Will

“Growth demands a temporary surrender of security."

The unknown is often frightening. I have many sleepless nights pondering the path of my feet. When I was first presented the opportunity to work in Uganda, I couldn’t even locate it on a map. My assignment was to empower people to fulfill their dreams. That’s it.

So, I’m to travel across the world to a mysterious continent to team with total strangers from a culture that is mind shatteringly different than my own? Was this a joke? Leave a city I’ve fallen in love with, leave my new friends, depart away from my family, put my personal ambitions of serving my country on hold? Yeah, now you got me really laughing.

This was one of those fork in the road type moments. Fortunately, God gave me free will. It’s my free will to live comfortably, cleanly, even complacently, but I know that I’m also free to get my hands dirty, to live extraordinarily, to live for something bigger than myself. When my back is up against a wall, I tend to fight. So, when I was faced with a life altering opportunity, the decision was easy. I have no right to judge anyone’s free will. It is just my personal belief that God gives favor to people who challenge themselves, who take risks steeped in trust and faith. The bigger the risk, the bigger the reward.

The consequences of faith and freewill...

dreams become reality...




families are united...

new friends are made...

baby Light, an orphan, was left in a trash bin. she is now healthy...

presidential candidates show up at your church!




No comments:

Post a Comment